According to Mark Roemer Oakland, modular homes have evolved in recent years that they can now compete with conventional stick-built homes. Their quality standards and compliance with local construction requirements have significantly improved, enticing people to have this modular house. Moreover, these houses are often constructed in a factory environment where the climate is not an issue, raw materials are combined on-site, and expert tradespeople adhere to quality requirements that are supervised and managed.
Here are some advantages of developing modular houses that make them desirable to purchasers.
- Design Flexibility- Modular house building provides numerous design alternatives. Your contractor will collaborate with you and your house producer to establish the kind and style of modular home that best meets your requirements. Also, they will often provide a wide choice of home designs in several types to pick from, offering you a variety of possibilities for customizing the house you want.
- Speed of Construction- Modular houses are recognized for their speed of construction. In most circumstances, modular homes can be built around one-third of the time required to construct the identical on-site building layout. In addition, depending on local licensing regulations and the modular contractor’s backlog, this period might differ.
Furthermore, modular houses are manufactured in a factory environment, allowing them to be erected far quicker than site-made homes. Complex systems in the house construction process are permitted to occur concurrently in this setting.
- Quality of Construction- Modular constructions have a greater level of quality construction. This is not to dismiss trained tradespeople, but to have access to specialized equipment that would be impossible to transport from work site to workplace. Customized jigs, for example, enable trusses, floors, walls, and other structures to be square and plumb.
- Energy Efficient- In addition to meeting the growing power code standards in most jurisdictions, modular houses are particularly energy-efficient. Several modular homes have walls made of 26 frames, which allows for additional insulation. More insulation means more energy savings.
- Environmentally Friendly- Modular house building is more ecologically friendly than traditional site-built home building. This is because specialized building materials are used, and several modular house production plants operate excellent in-plant recycling. This implies that any extra materials may be recycled. This may not seem spectacular, but the quantity of garbage generated by a newly constructed house is among the dirty secrets of house contractors.
- More Affordable- Since modular houses can be produced more quickly, they may be less expensive than traditional home building. Several contractors may claim they can construct a modular house for as low as $35 per sq foot instead of $125 for a site-built place. However, note that the $35 is merely a quotation and refers only to the basic price.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests building modular houses since they are not just environmentally friendly but also energy efficient. Modular houses, also known as prefab homes, are an excellent choice for people who wish to create their own personalized future home without the hassles of a conventional building. Moreover, having a modular house assists you in saving money and helps you have your home immediately because of its speed construction.